Cuba is a country in which music and dance is part of everyday life. Havana is a beautiful, truly unique city, quite unlike anywhere else in the world. Most people fall in love with Havana, the people, the way of life and of course, the music! Our school in Havana is located in Miramar, a prosperous residential area of Havana, bordering the sea. The nearest beach is just a short bus ride away. The school is air-conditioned and stands in its own grounds.
Courses in Havana
Spanish lessons take place either in the morning or the afternoon (2, 4 or 6 lessons per day). All Spanish teaching is done by fully qualified and experienced native Spanish speakers. Each Spanish language class is 45 minutes in length.
Course Duration1 week to 8 weeks
AgeMinimum 18 years
LevelThe Spanish course and the dance lessons are available at all levels, including complete beginners. Salsa is the most popular dance, though you can also take Merengue or Mambo classes.
Salsa, Merengue or Mambo Lessons
The dance lessons are taught on the school premises by professional teachers from a local Cuban dance school. Each person in the class has an experienced Salsa dancing partner, to help you learn the steps. The lessons are held every day on a Monday – Friday basis, either in the afternoon or early evening (2 lessons per day). Each Salsa dance class (or Merengue or Mambo class) is 45 minutes in length.
- basic guest house, single or twin room (room only – basic but comfortable accommodation)
- 3-star apart-hotel, single or twin room. The hotel is located in Miramar, not far from the school. The comfortable rooms have a living room, kitchen and ensuite bathroom. If you need to cool off after your Spanish and Dance lessons, you can use the swimming pool at a neighbouring hotel. If you are travelling alone, we can arrange for you to share a twin room with another student from the school.
- 10, 20 or 30 Spanish language lessons per week (45 minutes in length, max. 8 students per class)
- 10 Salsa dance lessons per week (60 minutes in length), or Merengue/Mambo
- Excursions (this typically includes visits to the Havana fortifications, a rum factory, guided tours of old town, visit to tobacco factory and scuba diving)
How to get there
Optional airport transfers from / to Havana airport are available for an additional charge.