Written by:Apple Languages
Date posted:April 30, 2020
Posted in:Home / Information / Coronavirus: what does it mean for my language course?

Coronavirus: what does it mean for my language course?

Being a part of the language travel industry has always felt like being part of a large family. When times are hard, we want to come together and support our family, but we’ll have to put the hugs on hold for now with social distancing in place.

The current global situation is difficult for all of us, but we are doing our best to work with our partner schools and students to find suitable solutions for all.

We are asking all clients affected by the coronavirus to be patient with us whilst we discuss your affected language programme with each of you. We are in the process of contacting students who were due to travel within the next 4 weeks; if you have not heard from us yet, please don’t worry – we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Please read the updates below and feel free to contact us at any time to discuss your language programme. Due to social distancing restrictions, our team is currently working from home. You can reach us via info@applelanguages.com should you need us. Kindly note that we are working with a restricted staff at the moment so we may not be able to answer you straight away, though we will do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible.

What should I do if my language programme is due to start in the next few weeks?

It’s likely that commercial flights will be highly restricted throughout May and June 2020 and many of our partner schools are expecting to remain closed.

We are giving all affected clients the option of postponing without charge, so your money is not lost.

You don’t have to decide your new start dates right away. The money you have already paid will be kept as credit which will remain valid for one year from your original start date. You’ll receive a ‘Corona-voucher’ which shows your programme details and value. You can keep this voucher until you know your new course dates.

If your new language trip with the new departure date is more expensive (e.g. due to seasonal supplements or exchange rate fluctuations), you will only be asked to pay the difference.

If you have any doubts at all about travelling or your ability to attend the course, we are happy to discuss postponement with you. As mentioned above, we are in the process of contacting students directly about their language programme. If you’ve booked a course in May or June, you should expect to hear from us soon, though you are of course welcome to contact us directly if you prefer.

What if I just want to cancel?

We really hope that you can still attend your incredible language course with us at a later date, but we understand that some may not wish to do this. Should you prefer to completely cancel your programme, our normal terms and conditions (agreed to at the time of booking) will apply.

You can jump directly to more information here:

Cancellation by the Student
Other changes to bookings

What does my travel insurance cover?

In cases where governments are advising against travel, your travel insurance policy should cover you for any cancellation fees. We advise you to check this with your insurance provider, and are happy to send you a cancellation document to support any claims you wish to make on your insurance.

What if I’ve made enquiries but not booked?

We are still taking bookings for autumn/winter 2020 and programmes in 2021. If you are interested in arranging a future language course and have questions about this, please feel free to send an email to info@applelanguages.com.

We hope that this difficult situation will resolve itself soon, and once again thank you for your continued patience and support.

– Apple Language Courses

Comments

  1. Suzanne Dalton

    Hi, my son and his friends are due to attend your French course in Antibes for 2 weeks beginning on 24th May. Could you advise on an update, we discussed deferring until end of August, but feel that maybe a credit note for next year might be best practice at this stage. Is that possible? Scott Dalton, Tim Wilkinson and Jim Cullen are the guest names.

    Posted May 22, 2020 at 11:56 am
    • Peter Carvell

      Thank you for contacting us about this. You should have heard from us by email already. It is definitely possible to defer until August next year so your son and his friends can still benefit from an incredible French course in Antibes.

      Posted May 22, 2020 at 11:22 am

Leave a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*