Come and join us in Sorrento for Christmas, a beautiful town just off the Amalfi coast that is brimming with art, history and culture. And what better time to experience Sorrento’s rich culture first-hand than over the festive period? You can take a wander through the animated streets, where every corner is alive with excited locals and street vendors selling all kinds of unique, local products, including ceramics, lace and, not to mention, limoncello! If you think Sorrento is impressive in the summer time, you should see it in the winter! Its many churches and cathedrals are adorned with thousands of twinkling lights, making the city look even more magical than ever.
Our school in Sorrento is situated right in the city-centre, with many cafés, bars and restaurants within easy reach. The ideal location will ensure that you are right at the heart of the festivities, where you can truly experience the city’s sense of community over the Christmas period.
Courses in Sorrento
Our Italian Christmas course consists of 20 Italian lessons, which take place in the mornings on a Monday to Friday basis.
This programme also includes:
• an orientation Tour of Sorrento.
• afternoon activities at the school.
• an excursion to Naples to visit the city, and in particular, San Gregorio Armeno - the popular street with figurines and typical Neapolitan nativity scene sets.
• a visit of Sorrento's monuments and churches
• 3 cooking lessons with your host family on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of December 2018.
Duration: 2 weeks
Course Dates: 17th to 21st December 2018
Accommodation Dates: 16th to December 26th 2018.
Age: Minimum 18 years
In addition to the Italian lessons, our Christmas course in Sorrento also includes an extensive cultural activity programme. This consists of:
• Orientation tour of Sorrento
• Afternoon activities at the school
• Excursion to Naples (visit of San Gregorio Armeno)
• Visits of Sorrento monuments and churches
• 3 cookery lessons with your host family, taking place on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of December
All activities are lead in Italian, giving students the opportunity to practice their Italian skills outside of the classroom and meet fellow language-enthusiasts. Most of the activities included in this programme have a Christmas-themed twist and will give students an insight into the local history of Sorrento and Italian traditions during the festive season.
Students will stay with carefully selected host-families in single rooms on a half-board basis (this includes breakfast and dinner each day).
Staying with an Italian family will give you a fantastic opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the Italian language and culture, as well as experiencing Christmas-time in a unique setting.
How to get there
Most of our students who stay in Sorrento fly into Naples airport. Airport transfers (single or return) are available upon request at an additional cost. Alternatively, you can get a direct train from Naples to Sorrento.
Location of our school in Sorrento
4.59 / 5
3.94 / 5
4.9 / 5