French and Sports for Juniors, Vichy
- Full board accommodation in one of two residences (2-3 students per room, shared bathrooms and TV room)
- 30 French lessons every 2 weeks
- 3 organised sports sessions each afternoon at the Vichy Tennis Club (tennis, sailing, horse-riding, golf, swimming, table tennis, basketball, volleyball, canoeing) all with qualified sports instructors
- Organised activities each evening (barbecues, quizzes, parties, treasure hunts, discos, games)
- Half day excursion on Saturday, full day excursion on Sunday (Clermont Ferrand, surrounding countryside, extinct volcanoes)
- 24-hour supervision
- All sports equipment provided
The French and Sports course for Juniors is located in Vichy, a spa town famous for its culture and leisure facilities. Its lakes, parks, golf courses and beautiful surrounding countryside make it very popular as a weekend retreat for Parisians and an ideal location for learning French.
The course includes 30 French lessons every 2 weeks: lessons run from Thursday to Saturday during the first week, and from Monday to Saturday during the second week. Classes take place on the campus shared with the University of Clermont Ferrand. The modern classrooms are fully equipped with the latest language learning facilities.
Students are accommodated in one of two family run accommodation centres divided by age. For 14-16 year olds it is just a 10 minute walk to the campus. For 12-14 year olds it is a short drive on one of the school’s minibuses. Breakfast and evening meals are taken at the residence with lunch and afternoon snacks taken at the Vichy Tennis club.
Students are supervised 24 hours a day either at the school by teachers, during activities by sports instructors or in the evening at the family run residences.
Vichy is a centre for sports and tourism. The Vichy Tennis club is at the heart of Vichy’s extensive sports facilities and has nurtured many of today’s top Tennis professionals. The nearby lakes, rivers and countryside provide a beautiful setting for water-sports and horse-riding. The program finishes with a prize-giving presentation celebrating every student’s effort and participation.
This is an ideal French course for active juniors, aged 12-16 years, who enjoy the outdoors. French lessons are provided by highly qualified native tutors and all sports are taught by qualified sports instructors.
Optional airport transfers are available from Clermont Ferrand airport for an additional charge. Students arriving at Vichy train station are met free of charge.