French Course for Young Students with Activities and Sailing
- Full board accommodation (3 meals per day) in on-site residence
- 20 French lessons per week
- Extensive program of activities and excursions - 2 or 5 sailing lessons per week, one evening barbecue per week, one full-day excursion on Saturday/Sunday, one half-day excursion informal activities/sports (outings with tutors to places of interest, sports tournaments, bowling, theme evenings
- 24-hour supervision for students of 9-13 years
- 1 group leader for each 8 students (9-11 years) and 1 group leader per 15 students (12-17 years)
Hyeres is a paradise for young students who wish to combine learning French with water-sports or beach activities. The French Summer program takes place on an extensive campus, which sits amidst verdant vineyards just outside Hyeres. On-site are a small swimming pool, all-sports field, restaurant and theatre! The sailing school is just 12kms away, where shallow waters provide perfect conditions for sailing and windsurfing. A snack bar and volleyball field are located close by. A shuttle bus service is provided.
There are 20 French lessons each week, taking place each day in the residence. All French teachers are fully qualified and experienced in the teaching of French as a foreign language. Additional private lessons are available in the afternoon on request for students aged 14-17 years.
The on-site residence has 21 bedrooms, self service restaurant, fully supervised swimming pool, sports field, TV room and shuttle bus service to the beach. Students share a room with 3 other students. Secure lockers can be rented at the residence.
Students above the age of 14 are allowed some free time in the evening with parents permission. We ask all parents to complete a parental consent form advising us at what time students should return to the residence. The teachers and activity leaders live on campus with the students. This means that they are able to supervise the students and ensure their safety and well-being.
Sailing lessons take place on beaches with a low water level (you can wade out for up to 60 metres). The Sailing course is taught by fully qualified instructors and uses hobby-cat boats. Students aged 9-13 years take the Gentle Sailing course (2 afternoons per week).
A very flexible French program offering students a choice of accommodation (host family or supervised on-site residence), a choice of Sailing lessons (2 or 5 afternoons per week) and a choice of additional activities.
Airport transfers are available from Nice or Toulon airport and are included in the price (if arriving on Sunday and departing on Saturday).