Language Travel Advisor
The JobLanguage Travel Advisor Preference given to those who:
• Already have sales experience
• Have a second language, French/Spanish/German or
• Have great copywriting experience
The CompanyApple Language Courses Ltd is a predominantly web-based Language Travel Agency, selling language courses to clients from all over the world. For further details and to see what we offer, visit our websites:
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will be an important part of our small and dedicated sales team, working, mainly in English, in our Loughborough, UK office.
Language Travel Advisors assist with sales enquiries, advise clients on the language courses we offer and help with all aspects of administration and marketing.
If copy writing experience is shown, the successful candidate will also be asked to contribute regularly to updating the content on our website.
The appointed person should be enthusiastic, with an excellent telephone manner, great writing skills, above average attention to detail and with a high level of fluency in English.
A genuine interest in language travel will be appreciated.
Principal Tasks• Assist the sales team with email and telephone enquiries as a language travel advisor.
• Develop relationships with clients and language schools to better facilitate the selling of language courses.
• Administration work associated with sales and marketing.
• Helping the web developer with content, or assisting foreign clients with their enquiries.
• Contribute ideas concerning the marketing of our courses.
TrainingThe successful candidate will be required to complete a probationary period of 3 months from the date of commencement of employment on full pay. On the satisfactory completion of the probationary period, your full employment will be confirmed.
During this period, the person appointed will need to become familiar with the language programmes we offer and our in-house booking system.
As they become more familiar with our courses and schools, they may be asked, on occasions, to help in other departments within this organisation.
The principal sections within the company are:
• Sales (direct communication with clients by e-mail/telephone)
• Administration/finance and credit control
• Website production and marketing
Following the 3-month induction period, the successful candidate will be a fully trained Language Travel Advisor.
Associated TasksThe successful candidate may, on occasion, be asked to:
• Attend conferences/exhibitions/fairs, in this country or abroad, when required.
• Write content for our websites.
• Participate in and contribute to discussions regarding the marketing of our products/design of our websites, as well as regarding improvements to our procedures and systems.
• Potentially visit our partner schools, to become familiar with our product.
Essential Skills/Qualifications:• Excellent English skills, both oral and written.
• A university degree in a related subject, or other Higher Education.
• A high degree of attention to detail.
• A good level of numeracy (GCSE maths Grade C pass minimum), confidence in dealing with numbers and calculating prices.
• Previous experience in sales or marketing desirable, but not essential.
• An ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
• The successful applicant will need to be inventive and proactive, professional and positive in their approach to work and enthusiastic with regards to learning new skills in a small, dynamic, company.
• Candidates should have a genuine and demonstrable interest in language travel.
• A friendly, sociable and enthusiastic personality, willing and able to work as part of a team and to establish excellent relationships with work colleagues.
• All applicants should be computer literate and familiar with common software packages, such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
Desirable Skills/Qualifications:• Proficiency in a second language: French, Spanish or German.
• Experience in the language travel industry.
• Skilled in writing for websites/copywriting experience.
Working HoursFull time language travel advisors work a 40-hour week including 30 minutes for lunch each day. These hours will be worked between our normal opening hours of 08:30 and 17:30 Monday to Friday.
HolidaysAll full-time employees are entitled to 20 holiday days per year. You will not be required to work bank holidays. An extra half day holiday is added for each year of service.
Salary£18,000 GBP per year
Application ProcedureInterested applicants should send a cover letter and detailed CV in English to the email address below. The cover letter should detail why the candidate believes they are suitable for this position email@example.com
Or by mail to:
Peter Carvell - Apple Language Courses Ltd
Unit 12, The Office Village
Monday 16th April 2018