Vejer is a beautiful, perfectly preserved, Spanish hill town, in Andalusia, southern Spain, the birth-place of Flamenco dancing. Our school is located in the heart of historic Vejer. The school is in an historic building, with beautiful patios and orange trees, attached to the eleventh century walls of Vejer and enjoying magnificent views over the surrounding countryside – a wonderful location in which to learn Flamenco. Unspoilt sandy beaches are just a short bus-ride from the school.
The school has 8 classrooms, an Internet café and library. There is also a large dance studio, dedicated to the Flamenco dance classes.
Courses in Vejer de la Frontera
The Spanish lessons are held on a Monday - Friday basis (2 lessons per day, normally 09:00 0 10:40). All Spanish teaching is by fully qualified and experienced native Spanish speakers. Lessons are 50 minutes in length.
Course Duration2 weeks
AgeMinimum 17 years
LevelThe Spanish language course and the Flamenco lessons are available at all levels, including complete beginners.
Each Flamenco lesson is taught by professional dance tutors in the school’s own dedicated dance studio. The lessons are held every day on a Monday - Friday basis, normally from 11am - 1pm (2 lessons per day).
- Shared apartments, single or twin room (self catering option)
- Host family, single room (half or full board option)
- On-site studios (self catering option)
- Other private studio accommodation in Vejer is also available
- 10 Spanish classes per week (each lesson 50 minutes, max.10 students per class)
- 10 Flamenco classes per week (each lesson 50 minutes, max. 10 students per class)
- evening conference on Flamenco (this typically includes topics such as the world of gypsies, the origin of Flamenco dancing and great Flamenco artists)
- evening practical workshop (this typically includes the understanding of Flamenco disciplines such as rhythm clapping and dance steps, the cajon box drum or Flamenco percussion)
- films and documentaries about Flamenco
- visit to private Flamenco Bar
- full day excursion (typically this excursion would be on a Saturday to Jerez de la Frontera, the birthplace of Flamenco)
- free Internet access at school Internet café
- You may also choose to participate in the half / full day excursions available to everyone at the school. Offered on Saturdays / Sundays (this typically includes visits to Seville, Cordoba, Cadiz, Ronda and weekend excursions to Morocco)
- sports (school can help arrange horse riding, scuba diving, windsurfing, paragliding, kitesurfing or snorkeling)
How to get there
Optional airport transfers from / to Malaga, Seville, Gibraltar or Jerez Airport are available for an additional charge. The closest airport to fly to is Jerez
Location of our school in Vejer de la Frontera
4.23 / 5
3.55 / 5
4.69 / 5