You’ll have French lessons in the morning and cooking lessons in the afternoon or evening. You’ll learn about Provençal gastronomy, local products, try wines from the region, and learn the corresponding vocabulary.
Sample afternoon program:
- Introduction and presentation of typical products from our region
- 2 cooking workshops followed by a tasting
- 1 cooking workshop followed by a dinner in a host family
- 1 discovering of Provencal market and cooking with a host family
- 1 wine tasting
- Presentation and tasting of French cheeses
If you like straightforward, uncomplicated food, then try this course! Provençal cookery at its best is quite simple, combining fresh produce with the right herbs and flavourings. You’ll find the recipes you learn on this course are easy to reproduce once you return home.
Cookery Course Info - Aix en Provence
|Language level required||Elementary (A1) or above|
|Number of French lessons/week||20 lessons|
|Number of cookery lessons/week||16 hours over the 2 weeks|
|Accommodation||Host family, Residences, Hotel or Apartment|
|Free Internet Access||Yes|
|Optional Activities||Guided town and market tours, cooking classes, pastry workshop, writing workshop, wine-tasting, golf, tennis, swimming, pétanque, accrobranche, hiking, sailing and excursions to nearby places of interest such as St Tropez and Avignon.|