My top six places to eat in Toulouse
Hello everyone! In this article, I will be sharing with you my favourite places to eat at in my hometown, Toulouse!
Toulouse has a lot of history, a friendly culture, the most beautiful scenery and some of the most beautiful architecture I have seen. Delightful squares in the centre of the city, small streets running through the houses and plenty to look at in the busy yet relaxed capital of France’s southern Occitanie region. Not to mention the people who are helpful and very charming 😉
I hope you will consider and then enjoy these personal suggestions on your next visit to Toulouse!
- Brasserie des Beaux Arts – perfect for lunch. I highly recommend their ‘cassoulet’ which is a well-known specialty from Toulouse, or their Sole Meuniere which is Sole fish with French Meuniere sauce, mashed potatoes and spinach – a classic!
- Le Bibent – also perfect for lunch. My favourite meals there are the Niçoise salad and their salmon tartare.
- Maison Pillon – French pastry shop. I always get the whipped cream ‘Baba’. Simply delicious!
- Chez Amorino – Ice cream shop, ideal for hot days. My favourite flavours are: dulce de leche, tiramisu and mango.
- Envol restaurant plage – Ideal for dinner, nice festive atmosphere. I personally like their risotto as well as their cantaloupe gazpacho.
- La pelouse interdite – Another dinner classic, very peaceful and in a beautiful setting. Their vegetarian platters are so succulent!
Try these places on your next visit to Toulouse, or even whilst taking a French language course at our incredible school!
Brasserie des Beaux Arts – 1 Quai de la Daurade, 31000 Toulouse
Le Bibent – 5 Place du Capitole, 31000 Toulouse
(Maison) Pillon – 2 Rue Ozenne, 31000 Toulouse
Amorino – 16 Place du Capitole, 31000 Toulouse
L’Envol Coté Plage – 32 Avenue Jean René Lagasse, 31130 Toulouse
La pelouse interdite – 72 Avenue des États-Unis, 31200 Toulouse