Hello everyone! One of my best friends comes from Moscow, Russia. We see each other a few times a year. It’s not possible for me get a visa for Russia every time we want to meet up, so we mostly see each other in Germany, where I live. This is convenient for her as she holds both German and Russian citizenship.
However, I stayed in Russia with my friend for a little less than a month last year and got to discover various parts of this fascinating country, including the magnificent city of St. Petersburg – now one of my favourite cities in the world!
This article will feature my six favourite places for food in St. Petersburg.
It may even inspire you to take a language course there!
- Bolshe Café (Больше Кофе) – not your average coffee shop.
- Bonch Café (бонч кафе) – Hipster-ish coffee shop with a menu ranging from soups and salads to tapas, burgers and ice cream. Great place for a coffee or a long lunch with friends!
- Cameo (камея) – hidden local and traditional sweets shop. You will not believe your eyes! I am crazy about their « Драже » (dragees) which they produce in many different flavours.
- Auroville Cafe (Кафе Ауровилль) – vegan & vegetarian heaven with a wide range of soups, salads, cakes, breads, vegetable overload and much more! This is the perfect place for a late brunch or lunch.
- Ferma Restaurant (Ресморан Ferma) – chic farmer’s restaurant, fresh agricultural food, ideal for both lunch & dinner.
- Park Giuseppe (Парк Джузеппе) – Italian cuisine revisited. My favourite dish here is the shrimp and calamari risotto. Lovely place for a romantic dinner!
St. Petersburg is a beautiful Baltic capital which is DEFINITELY worth seeing. You can make the most of a couple of days or try living there for several weeks. The inhabitants are incredibly friendly and welcoming and I can’t wait to go back!
Больше Кофе – Александровский парк 5, Санкт-Петербурге, 197046
бонч кафе – Бол. Морская ул. 16, Санкт-Петербург
Камея – ул. Курляндская 46, Санкт-Петербург
Кафе Ауровилль – ул.Радищева 5, Санкт-Петербург
Ресморан Ferma – Финляндский пр., д. 1, Санкт-Петербурr
Парк Джузеппе – наб. канала Грибоедова, 2В, Санкт-Петербург